Re: [IP] Re:Syringes not covered/mail order

Well in Alberta, CANADA the junkies get clean syringes for FREE!!!  And
guess what we have to pay for our daughters'. Amazing isn't it....
Gaye

----------
> From: email @ redacted
> To: email @ redacted
> Cc: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Re:Syringes not covered/mail order
> Date: Thursday, June 17, 1999 2:57 PM
>
> Kelly-
> I think they're afraid we're all junkies getting, God forbid, clean
syringes!  (I actually had a pharmacist alude to this once!!)  These are
folks from the same school of thought, that if junkies don't have clean
syringes they'll stop shooting up. Hmmmmm.  Maybe they're tring to tell us
something?
> Dianne - email @ redacted
>

>  ---- On Jun 17 email @ redacted wrote:
> > In a message dated 6/17/99 2:31:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> > email @ redacted writes:
> >
> > << The insurance companies expect you to inhale the insulin. When I was
on MDI
> >  I went through the same thing..insulin covered but not syringes..I was
so
> >  mad so I asked them the very same question "how was I suppose to get
it in
> >  me-inhale?" >>
> >
> > Ginny,
> > 	You know I thought just our stupid union contract was like this!!  I
> > could never understand how they came to their conclusion that syringes
were
> > not covered but insulin was and here is how they explained it (check
this
> > stupidity out):  "Syringes cannot be ordered by mail in NYS and ALL of
our
> > maintenance medications have to be mail ordered from Merck-Medco in
Albany"
> > so I countered that it's not "medication" so why should I have to use
mail
> > order? And they told me, " Well, it's medical equipment but not DME so
they
> > don't cover that".......now what's wrong with this picture?  We went
around
> > and around in circles and never got anywhere.  So here I am 3 years
later
> > still paying for syringes for 3 diabetic kids!  But they cover
INSULIN!!  My
> > youngest just started pumping about a month ago, so that's one less,
but now
> > I wonder......they cover pump supplies for him (after 5 months of
FIGHTING
> > for the pump and supplies) at 100% BUT they STILL won't cover
SYRINGES!!!  It