[IP] Tamera's HA1c

Greetings-
Well as someone who works hard at managing her diabetes I can tell you that it is discouraging to read about folks who average 6.5 all the time, when I'm happy to clock in at 7.5 or anything under 9!  Depends on the nature of the beast methinks- some of us are just more stable than others.  Two things you might want to think about 1) gastroparesis can cause nightime highs if your dinner isn't reaching your bloodstream til 1 or 2 a.m. then that might be a problem and 2) when I have nightime highs (and I get up twice EVERY night to check at 12:30 and 4 a.m.) they're almost always due to low BG rebounds (my insulin sesitivity increases drastically late evening, so if I have 'buttered popcorn' as a 9 pm snack and take any insulin {my Diesetronic requires that I take at least .5 unit} I frequently over medicate.  Mostly I've given up late night snacks, except for grape juice as I get in trouble about 70% of the time.  Hang in there.  You can only do the best you can and all of us a!
!
re far from perfect.  Take care.
Dianne