Re: [IP] How does the doctor test for.......

Cheri-
My endo sent me to the hospital to have the test administered.  They gave me some oatmeal with some radioactive granules mixed in.  I ate it (ugh!) and then watched the screen while my stomah processed the food (or in my case -didn't process it, at least not within normal time limits!)  I had symptoms of unexpectedly high and low BG as my insulin wasn't 'matching' my food consumption, and sort of a nagging nausea.  they've put me on Propulsid -20 mg. 4x a day- but generally I only take it prior to meals.  (On my pump if I only eat twice, I only take it twice.  And if I just have juice for breakfast or to treat a hypo I don't take it at all).  Still having BG problems, but at least the nausea's gone.
Good luck!
Dianne