[IP] Insurance Companies!!!

Ginny-
All I can say is 'don't get me started!'  Last May when I was admitted to the ER in Tennessee (while on vacation) I was in DKA and nearly unconcious.  They kept me for a few days.BUT, catch this, the insurance co. (The Blues out of Pennsylvania) didn't want to pay for the hospital admission because I didn't get up off the gurney in the ER and call them prior to being admitted!  Fianally, after threatening legal action, they paid the bill, but sent me a letter saying they were paying it because I didn't know I was supposed to call. Bull! I knew but I was incapable of it.  Makes me wonder what they do with their auto accident cases.  Shudder, shudder.

Still now that I no longer have insurance (lost it with my job when I became disabled [their term ,not mine!]) I prefer the hassles with Blue Shield, Blue Cross than paying for strips, insulin, pump supplies and Propulsid (for gastro-paresis)- guess the grass is always bluer on the other side of the fence, eh?

Dianne at email @ redacted