RE: [IP] (Fwd) Glucose Sensor

Where do you order this and how much does it cost?

-----Original Message-----
From:	email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of
Kornfeld, Avner
Sent:	Thursday, June 17, 1999 8:14 AM
To:	'email @ redacted'
Subject:	RE: [IP] (Fwd) Glucose Sensor

Pat,

My understanding is that the glucose sensor is a stand alone product,
independent of the pump. It is just a measurement device. You will have to
wear a pump with its own infusion set and a separate glucose sensor with its
own 'infusion' set. No communication between the pump and the sensor, at
least not at this stage.

In the future there will probably be a closed loop feedback from sensor to
pump.

So, you do not have to consider the sensor when you choose the pump.

Avner

-----Original Message-----
From: email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 1999 6:06 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] (Fwd) Glucose Sensor

Thanks Penguin for the info....now I need an answer ASAP as Shawnna's
Disetronic is on order waiting for approval while she uses her loaner from
Joslin.  Will the sensor be able to work with both kinds of pumps....I hate
for her to be using the wrong kind of pump to be able to take advantage of
such a great breakthrough.

Please HELP I need an answer right away!!!

Pat Marino