[IP] How does the doctor test for.......

I was wondering how does the doctor test you for Gasteoperisis( I know my
spelling of this is probably not even close!!!! :)  I seem to be having many
of the symptoms that people on the list have talked about.  I am due to see
my endo  July 7th and am planning on discussing the problems I have been
having.  I know it could always be something else but I would like to know
more about this test.
          Cheri :)