At 01:02 AM 6/17/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Of course, 2 months before the pump, I got my insulin but they would not ok
>the syringes because I "also" got insulin at the same time......  now how
>was I supposed to take it?

The insurance companies expect you to inhale the insulin. When I was on MDI
I went through the same thing..insulin covered but not syringes..I was so
mad so I asked them the very same question "how was I suppose to get it in
me-inhale?"
Dealing with the insurance companies leave alot to be desired.
They send me a little brochure about how important it is to keep diabetes
in control but they didn;t want to cover more test strips so I called them
up and asked then why they waste money to send these things out when they
wouldn;t cover the things I needed.
Now they are coverered- insurance coverage laws were changed in GA.
Ginny