[IP] Silhouette Insertion...what direction?

I think this has been addressed before, but I wonder if I could get some
input from people who don't bother inserting the silhouette towards the
middle of the body.  I would like to use the area towards Erica's side,
but the connector is put in a precarious position if I insert towards
the bellybutton.  However, if I insert towards her side, the connector
will still be on the flat side of the tummy.

Any and all input will be very welcomed.  We are trying to get things
together for camp and the more information I can give the CDE the
better.  I just got off the phone with her and explained 'Gushers' to
her.  She was very glad to have that information :-)

Thanks pumpers,
Barb...Erica's mom