Re: [IP] Re: steroids!

In a message dated 6/15/99 4:32:08 PM EST, email @ redacted writes:

<< Things were ok until sat. afternoon when my ortho doc injected my thumb
 steroids to treat trigger finger, which I had been suffering with for almost
 five months.   THEN he tells me that the steroids "may" affect my blood
 sugar.  Let me tell you, I have been running 250 to 450, even with a
 correction factor of 1:40 >>

  When my son was on steroids for a short time, we ended up doubling his
basals to get bgs below 200. Good luck...Doreen-mom of 2 pumpers