Re: [IP] Testing and strips

In a message dated 6/15/99 4:31:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time, email @ redacted

 I have mine set for 200 a month, which allows from 6-7 tests a day. I would
 think that you could use the pump as justification for testing more often.
 Since you can go into DKA much more rapidly than you can when on MDI,
 frequent is mandatory (not optional). In fact, I've been thinking about
 raising the quantity of test strips by one notch next year, just in case.
I am set for 12 a day and receive 360 month.  My DR also pointed out the need
to avoid hypoglycemia because of the risk of seizures along with the
increased risk of dka and skin infections and my insurance had no problem.
They often don't give a problem when the DR adds a letter. If I just request
that is a much different story.