Re: [IP] MiniMed set

Laurie Brack wrote:
> I have been thinking that two things could be shanged
> on the Sils, I don't understand why they have to have
> the plug-in so that it is only one sided.  it should be
> interchangeable, either way it flips up, I don't know
> how many times that I have been trying to re-insert to
> find that I had inadvertantly got it thing upside down,
> and it just won't fit!  What could the significance be
> if it went in either way?

I'm not sure, but think that the shape of the needle makes
them cautious about which way it enters the seal inside the base.
Perhaps it gets caught and twisted if the slanted cut on the
tip is faced the other way?

Also, why have a reservoir
> that has a square end?  The stupid thing will work as
> long as there is a lip there for the arms of the pump
> to slip around,  couldn't it be round?  I love changing
> the reservoir to have the thing offset ever so slightly
> as you push it in to have to pull it out again because
> the square end is cockeyed!

OK, but look at the indent on the push arm behind it.
Notice that this contact point goes on a square corner,
which ensures that it pushes it from the close end of
the arm instead of risking bending it. There IS a
method to the design.

Ted Quick