Re: [IP] How to secure 'Tenders'

"Whitaker, Paul" wrote:
> The time is getting closer for my pump now and  I was wondering how the
> 'Tender' would stay fixed on my abdomen. I am pretty hairy down there and I
> cannot really see how those little tabs on the Tender will stay stuck very
> long.

OK, WHAT little tabs on the Tender? The tape base on mine has always been
something like 1" x 2", which I definitely don't think of as small, as
compared to the tiny tabs om MiniMed QRs, which are all of 1/4" x 1/2" (if that)
and tapered as well.

Oh well, size is relative anyway....

I'm not worried about pulling out hair when I change the set - just
> having it stay there in the first place. Also, is the hair a potential
> source of infection?

I don't know that hair is a source of infection as such, but like always I
like to shower before putting in a set.
> So..... Gentlemen, what do you do, shave little patches every couple of
> days?

No, I just shave the whole area every few times. Sounds like you would
need it a bit more often......

or is there something that's really sticky and holds even if you can
> double up as the bathroom rug!?!?

No, I can't see that working at all. Only way might be if you got
some of the urethane foam I mold at work, spray it in a very thin
layer on the area, let it cure for an hour or so, THEN push  the
set through it into you...... JOKE, OK?

Ted Quick