[IP] they want your blood

I heard something weird today and thought I'd post the info. to see if
anyone else has heard of this.

I was told that my local blood/plasma center was accepting diabetic
blood donations as long as it tested in the normal range. The person who
told me this thought that it had something to do with glucose test strip
research/development, but wasn't sure and was going to find out more
tomorrow. They're paying something like $125 if the blood sugar's in the
normal range, and less if it's lower or higher. Isn't that weird? Anyone
hear of anything like this?