Re: [IP] depressed ...

I went through something very similar to not long after I got hooked up to pump.
About 5 weeks of pumping and having good numbers for the first time in my
diabetic life, I also got a sinus infection and subsequent other infections. I
had a horrible time my bg was swinging all over like it used to when I would
make an adjustment in MDI regimen. I was getting high bg readings for a few days
upper 300's and 400's then for a few days I could not get my bg up and would
suspend my pump for hours. I thought I was losing my mind. I was lucky enough to
have a friend who is a MD and also a pumper explain his theory as to why this
happens, first it has to do with the lack of knowledge you don't have at the
beginning of pumping covering sick days. The other thought he threw out is that
illness affects every part of our body including, vision, muscle control,
digestion etc.. Medicines can do the same. Further he thinks that different
viruses affect are bg differently, for example a uncomplicated sinus infection
for me always lowers my bg, regardless of the presence of bacteria and fever.
Infections of the lungs and urinary track always make my bg high and I have to
almost double my basels. Viruses always tend to make me have low bg upon there
onset with a high bg later it then takes about a week to get back to "normal". I
tend to see the logic in his theory based on what my experience has been.  This
may very well be a total YMMV situation.
I tend to get sad when I am going through this because the lack of control over
this disease makes it more powerful and destructive making us feel helpless. I
know though with diligence and taking the steps to get back in control, control
will come back to you. Take a rest day, treat your DM of course but don't beat
yourself up. Then when you feel a little stronger take back control and your
numbers will get better it just takes a bit of time.
Take Care