Re: [IP] What I want in an infusion set - silhouette problems

In a message dated 6/14/99 3:43:15 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<<'ve tried the Silhouettes, but they leave a bigger wound in me than the
SofSets do, and it seems more likely to get infected -- it gets red and
leaves a lump, and takes weeks to heal, whereas you can hardly see where
the SofSet went in after a day or two. >>

This is the first time I've seen this mentioned.  I have been noticing the
same thing myself and worrying that I can't keep the set in as long with a
silhouette as I could with a softset.  After having no infections in over 6
months on the softsets, I have had at least 3 with the silhouette in the last
month and a half (I see redness around the cannula after 2 1/2 - 3 days, and
when I take it out find a bump that shows pus in a short while.  None of
these has as yet completely disappeared).  I stopped using softsets because I
so frequently had discomfort with movement when wearing them.    Any
suggestions, anyone?

Linda Zottoli