Re: [IP] Saline or Not

    My 16 yr old daughter ( who was then 13) also went straight from MDI to
the pump - but in retrospect, part of that decision may have been
attributable to her FORMER ped. endo not knowing enough about the pump, to
even know that's what others were doing!!!....nonetheless, we managed fine
thanks to the staff at Home Medical in Florida from whom we'd received our
pump. Seemed like everyone I spoke to on the phone  was already a pumper &
therefore their advice, experience, helpful hints, etc. were far far more
credible getting us through that first weekend than was the ped endo who just
gave the pump trainer a blank look when the trainer asked if Melissa's basals
& boluses had been established...Uh oh..you know that sinking feeling in the
pit of your stomach???....Hubby & I later concurred that this physician
didn't have a CLUE, but wasn't about to admit it either! Bottom line: you'll
note I wrote "former ped-endo"! 'Nuf said!!

Regards, Renee