[IP] Re: what supplies to carry around

>Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 15:03:55 +0100 (BST)
>From: Diana Maynard <email @ redacted>
>Subject: [IP] Re: what supplies to carry around

>>4 syringes,

How many syringes have you ever needed since you have been pumping?
>Four syringes?
>Why so many?

I have used a total of zero syringes in almost two years of pumping.  I
carry around zero syringes and have never thought I needed one.  They and
regular insulin are easy to acquire.  Pump supplies are specialized and much
more difficult to score.

>For the day I carry around my meter and enough strips for the day,
>finger pricker, spare Silhouette, cartridge of Humalog and needle for
>the reservoir, and a syringe. And half a pack of glucose tablets.

Around town I carry a fasttake in its little case, my pump and some glucose.

I carry extra bottles of test strips, spare battery or two, extra pre-filled
cartridge(s),  infusion set(s) and IV Prep when I am more than an hour away
from my supplies.

On trips when I anticipate changing infusion sites I carry surgical soap as

Carrying a valid Humalog prescription when out of town something I should do
and never have done.