[IP] Set change bolus?

I am a little surprised by the discussion about bolusing after a set
change. I was taught and have read that for the bolus from the pump to
work effectively it needs a ~1 unit or so pool at the end of the needle.
This would mean a 1 unit bolus after a new set with a filled needle and
2 units with a softset. This is what my pumping CDE taught me and has
worked for three years for me. I have now up or down change with bg when
I change a set. If I change in the AM mid day or in the PM it seems to
work well.

Thank you,

Stephen Woodward