[IP] Re: to saline or not to saline

> From: "Whitaker, Paul" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Saline or Not
> Is not using saline first unusual? Will I miss out on something here?

I never heard of using saline until I joined this list.  I started on insulin straight from an Ultralente/Regular MDI regimen.  I did not go to the hospital or even see a doctor or pump rep the day I was hooked up.  A woman who is an experienced pumper and who works with
the pump rep came to my house, helped me get hooked up, told me what to look for, and left after about 2 hours.  I was in close contact with my CDE and had watched the video, etc.  It was amazingly easy.  And I'm a teacher, not an engineer!  ;-)  You'll be fine.