Re: [IP] Something worse than DKA

> Very few Type 2's will ever experience this,

This one good thing.  I am glad that only a few ever see this first
hand.  This makes me glad that we have the symptoms of DKA so
we can atleast catch it early.

> A type 2 will develop this kind of coma

One thing is that not all type IIs that get this are in a coma state.
HNKS (or HHNK) does not always produce coma just SEVERE
high BG and dehydration.

> And it's a good thing that most of us will never experience it, because
> the mortality rate is about 50%.

Also (I know all sources are different)  mortality is higher than DKA
which is at 5-10%, where HHNK is at 15-20%.  According to the
books we are reading threw.

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438
Mailto:email @ redacted