[IP] Saline or Not

Hi everyone,

Now my pump has been give the OK I went to see the trainer on Friday, she
tells me that I will not use saline to practice with but just change
straight over from MDI to the pump. I have seen lots of messages here from
others that spend, 2 days, a week and even longer using saline before
introducing insulin to the pump.

Is not using saline first unusual? Will I miss out on something here?

Maybe because the trainer knows I am an engineer and understand things
'technical' I don't need saline.

Any comments anyone?