Re: [IP] tubing empty after shower

amy m wrote:
> Hey All!
>  Well, 15 days till I start insulin!~ long wait,so I am pumping saline
> once again! Anyhow, every single time that I have, I notice that after
> my shower, if I bolus before reconnecting, nothing comes out. How come
> it empties so much? How do I prevent this from happening when I'm on
> insulin? I use the short Sof-sets.

OK, do you:
1. Leave the pump running while disconnected to keep the hose full?
2. Position the end connector higher than the pump with the needle pointed up to
avoid draining it? There is NO seal on the hose end, only on the receiver it
plugs into.
3. Bolus until you get a drop on the connector needle?

Ted Quick