[IP] Chronic Anemia

This is directed toward anyone who has chronic anemia.  I have been anemic
for about 5 years now.  I feel great and this condition hasn't kept me from
doing everything I want to do.  However different drs. want to solve this
problem for me.  One dr. told me that this was typical of someone with long
term DM.  Another said this is not true.  I think it's like a mystery for my
dr. so he's "on the case" by ordering tests, etc.  I am tired of this
endeavor because I feel good.  Is there anyone out there who has had this
problem and had it solved by some brainy dr.?  Maybe you can solve this for
me long distance.  My red cell, white cell count, hemoglobin, hematocrit, and
platelet count are all low.  Can this be normal for a few select people?  Any
info would be appreciated.  ellen