Re: [IP] Disappointed, BIG TIME

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 email @ redacted wrote:

> I just got off the phone with my Disetronic Rep.  She has contacted my
> Insurance Co. and was told that they will not cover the pump or supplies
> until January.  The reason she was given is that when the policy is renewed
> in January, it will then be covered...boohoo.  I asked her about the new bill
> that was passed, including this equipment, and to her understanding the
> Insurance Co. is not bound to it until the renewal is up!!!!  :-(

This may seem a bit weird, but ever try cancelling your insurance? If they
aren't going to do their job, I'd suggest getting someone who will. I'd
try calling them first and express your displeasure with them, then inform
them of your intentions to cancel. Where I work, we have four different
insurance companies I can go through so it wouldn't be a problem for me to
change; you may not be in the same situation though.

I'm sure if your insurance company covers pumps, you can get them to cover
the pump *now*. Just remember, the insurance company is working for *you*,
as long as you are paying the bills, they should do everything in their
power to assist you.

You may also want to get your doctor involved as well. Seems like doctors
have a bit more pull with these guys than policy holders.

Just curious, which insurance company do you use?

-Jef Lepine