Re: [IP] Disetronic Alarm

In a message dated 6/10/99 11:28:05 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I understand that the pump may be programmed so that it requires a button
 pressed at preset intervals. Is this a function that is useful? I would have
 thought that the other safeguards in the pump would have protected against
 too much insulin. Does anyone use this option? >>

Your MM can be set so that it will sound an alarm if no buttons are pushed
during a time that's determined by you. Presumably if you didn't push the
buttons because you were low, you'd hear the alarm, wake up and snarf sugar
or something. It can also be set so that you can't bolus more than a certain
number of units.