Re: [IP] Re: damage from lows

In a message dated 6/9/99 10:02:40 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< >
 > Well..... back in the dark ages of medicine, before shock therapy,
 > they gave psych patients massive doses of insulin to induce "shock"
 > and "cure" them. I imagine the neurological changes were due to the
 > brain being deprived of glucose for an extended period of time. Since
 > I'm not in the business (medical), I can't really say that was the
 > reason, but I sure can't think of any other.

I also have noticed some neurological changes on my part.  My doctors have
all been worried because of all the seizures that I have had.  I do believe
that I have had permanent damage.  I know that when I was in college and grad
school there were things memory wise I was able to achieve that I know I cant
now.  I know it probably doesn't sound like much but I think thought
processes, memory, and analytical skills can be harmed by too many lows
severe or not.