Re: [IP] Meters...

As a Canadian, I too have never been given a free meter.  When all our US
buddies were getting free FAST TAKES I called Lifescan and asked ever so
politely, could this Canadian have one too, as I also test 8-10 times a day
and would be faithful to their brand of strips forever.        Answer-we have
no such program in place but you might be able to get one for $29.95 when
they are on special.  BOO.  So I did buy one and am now trying to get the
adapter for my intouch  hardware which I do really like for my Profile
(bought with real (although some may not consider Cdn funds very real they
are all I have to work with) cash) My self paid insurance will pay for strips
(thank goodness) but will have nothing to do with the glucometer costs itself.
Although I did ask Lifescan through this org. to let me fill out a
questionaire and get a FREE cookbook, but I did feel a little strange putting
in my birthdate at 1940 since it was a kids offer.  What the heck.
I have just celebrated an anniversary, 7 years on the pump, 27 years diabetic.
Thanks all for the input on this program.  And thanks for the pump placement