Re: [IP] Re: damage from lows

I had many bad seizures in 1988-982 and had a period of very severe short
term memory loss (lasted short term, involved long term memory) after a
particularly bad blackout.  My memory has never entirely recovered, but
it has gotten much better.  Doctors explained it as the kind of
neurological (brain) damage Michael describes here.   I did most of this
reading in about 1993-5 so I have lost track of where it came fom -- some
I got at the University of Virginia Medical School Library in 1991-2.
There is documented evidence of insulin shock treatment provoking memory
loss and certain kinds of motor coordination problems.   As he says, it
does kill brain cells.  However, you have to have  pretty serious and
sustained hypos.  The occasional severe low, even with convulsions and a
seizure every gew years won't cause the kind of damage we're talking
about.