[IP] Re: damage from lows

> Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 19:33:50 -0400
> From: "Paula Berketo" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Re: damage from lows; cake and forgiveness
> The answer to the original question, is yes, I have heard and been told
> that too many severe lows lead to brain damage.

I'm gonna go upstairs and re-watch my video of the unmasking of the DCCT results.
I'm 95% sure that the results did not indicate any long term effects of low blood
sugars (assuming we're not talking about lows involving seizures and loss of
consciousness).  I'll get back to you on this one.

I've now read about 10 responses saying that diabetes does different types of
damage.  However, no one has cited specific research to back this up.  No offense,
but I'm not willing to take this at people's word.  Where's the proof???