[IP] <no subject>

This sounds wonderful, my father told me about this 25 years ago,
he worked in the high tech industry and really wanted to see this happen.

                            The Smart Pump: Insulin Inside
                            by Lindsey Arent

                            3:00 a.m.  8.Jun.99.PDT
                            New microchip technology has led to the creation
                            of an advanced, implantable insulin pump that
                            may eventually free diabetics from troublesome
                            daily insulin injections.

                            Engineers at the University of Delaware have
                            developed algorithms small enough to fit on a
                            chip that can monitor and control blood-sugar

                            The chip could be embedded in a surgically
                            implanted insulin pump that could release
                            as needed and be refilled monthly, researchers