Re: [IP] Pre-pubertal "protection"

    What is so frustrating about this perception is that far too many ped
endos subscribe to it so thoroughly that they scoff at a parent's request for
a 24 hour urine screening on a child. Such a simple, relatively inexpensive
test could detect the onset of protein in the urine for example and dictate
the need for ACE inhibitors. The old adage about kidney problems not
developing for 15-20 years was due to NOT looking for them earlier. By the
time the problems surfaced, the kidney was only partially functioning from
the gradual erosion that had occurred in the preceding years IN THOSE SO
PREDISPOSED!!! I purposely put that in caps, because it bears repeating that
the majority of diabetics will have the "luck of the draw" & appear to remain
unscathed.....Too bad we can't all "plug into" the Psychic Friends Network to
know who is or isn't so predisposed!......

Regards, Renee