Re: [IP] Discouraged

Being discouraged occasionally is part of this %$#@^&* disease.  My son
is 13 and was diagnosed almost 8 years ago.  He has requested a pump,
and will start pumping in early July.  We have had EXCELLENT blood
sugars recently (no clue what we're all of a sudden doing right), but
yesterday we couldn't seem to get below 200.  That's discouraging.
Today, we're back on track.

Keep plugging away!  If your son really wants the pump, fight for it.
Fortunately, our endo agreed right away, our insurance company never
questioned our request and, in fact, sent the pump and supplies (over
$6500 worth of stuff) directly to us within two weeks!  I just hope that
the actual pumping process goes as smoothly as everything has gone so
far.

Good luck!

Sharon,
mom of Steven, age 13