Re: [IP] Pump Supplies Shipped in Summer

Janet Hill wrote:
> Will heat cause the lubricant in the reservoir to deteriorate?

No, it's silicone based, and silicone is generally good up to round
400 degrees F.

> heat cause occlusions in the tubing?

No, it would need to be a lot higher, near the melting temp of the plastics,
well over 200 degrees F.

> I was just wondering....has anyone experienced any problems with tubing
> and reservoirs shipped in hot weather?

No. I also get my Humalog delivered by UPS. They do make sure to
pack it in styrofoam shells with an enclosed ice pack, and never
ship it late in the week to avoid weekend delays.
Ted Quick