Re: [IP] alcoholic beverages????

> Dear Pumpers,
> I am curious do any of you out there enjoy an occasional beer, glass of wine,
> or champagne?
> How do you handle bolusing for alcoholic beverages?  I need some
> advice/info...
> Thanks!  Peg

Hi Peg,

I drink wine almost daily, and beer and sparkling iwne on occasion.
For dry wines, sparkling or not, I don't bolus for them.  I haven't
normally bolused for beers either, though I suppose I would for a

For perspective though, 1 U of Humalog drops my bg nearly 100 pts.  If
I were less sensitive to insulin, I might be more liely to bolus.

Dave Breeden                                           email @ redacted