Re: [IP] shock symptoms

R Bonitz,
I have been diabetic for 20 years and am considering the pump.  In reference to
your statement, there have been periods when I was such tight control that I
more lows than ever before, meaning at least 4 time in one month.  Most of the
lows I was unaware of but this is common for people with diabetes for 10 years
or more.
Since I am 24, I do occasionally have a beer or a glass of wine.  Since there is
a high content of sugar in the alcohol, your bg will increase.  The trick to
preventing lows is eat a snack while drinking.  The alcohol will be absorbed by
the food.  Also, if you are drinking after a meal, be sure to take a little more
insulin to cover the spiking affect of the alcohol.

Sincerely,  Kristin