RE: [IP] Pump alarms

Hi Wendy,

Your lead apron will certainly shield your pump against radiation, including
stray RF which is another form of radiation, but it will not prevent you
from the effects of a static charge building up. Because the lead apron
effectively becomes 'part of you' for static purposes, then it too will have
the same static charge as you, your pump, your clothes etc. etc. The charge
would be measured between you and ground.

So the only effective means to eliminate problems with unwanted pump alarms
caused by static charges is to prevent the static charge from occurring in
the first place.

Walking around bare foot would almost certainly cure the problem, although
not practical in all environments.

Best regards,

Paul