[IP] why we have diabetes...philosophical

I got the following story from a friend...and thought it could be of interest
here.  It is not pump related, and doesnt specifically call out "diabetes"
but is something to consider.  I modified it slightly to make it secular, but
if you are religious person, you can insert "God" where necessary.....if you
don't think it is something interesting related to diabetes, then just
consider it as an interesting biology lesson

A man found a cocoon of a butterfly. One day a small opening appeared, he sat
and watched the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body
through  that little hole.  Then it seemed to stop making any progress. It
appeared as if it had gotten as far as it could and it could go no further.

So the man decided to help the butterfly, he took a pair of scissors and
snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon. The butterfly then emerged
easily. But it had a swollen body and small, shriveled wings.  The man
continued to watch because he expected that, at any moment, the wings would
enlarge andexpand to be able to support the body, which would contract in

Neither happened! In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling
around with a swollen body and shriveled wings.  It never was able to fly.
What the man in his kindness and haste did not understand was that the
restricting cocoon and the struggle required for the butterfly to get through
the tiny opening were nature's way of forcing fluid from the body of the
butterfly into its wings so that it would be ready for flight once it
achieved its freedom from the cocoon.

Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our life. If we were allowed
to go through our life without any obstacles, it would cripple us. We would
not be as strong as what we could have been. We could never fly.