[IP] Pump alarms

I have been posting about why my doctor doesn't want me to go on Humalog.
One of the reasons was because I sleep through the alarms and we have had
several in the last 7 weeks.  We were told by MM that the reason I am having
so many alarms is because of electrostatic interference.  My son is on a
variety of medical equipment.  Oxygen, feeding tube, apnea monitor, pulse ox,
etc.  I handle alot of equipment made of plastics and metals that supposedly
interact.  Are there any health care professionals here on the list that are
having the same problems with their pumps and do you get a certain amount of
alarms.  Obviously I don't just work with this stuff for 40 hours a week.  I
am with it 24/7 and took them at their word.  Just wondering if others have
had this experience and what do you all think I should do?