Re: [[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V3 #193]

Isabelle Emery <email @ redacted> wrote:
"I'm an emotional wreck today!  The day from hell.
 So, I wasted an insusion set ($11.00) and I had to
start all over again." >>>>

Why did you have to waste the infusion set? You could have just disconnected
and then primed the the pump! Also it does not always take 5 units to prime, I
start with 3 and use more only if needed. This is of course after pushing the
insulin through the tubing manually til a drop appears at the tip of the
needle. This should be where you would look for insulin to appear, not the
reservoir. As for the alarms, I have never had to take out the batteries to
stop any kind of alarm. Didn't your pump come with those little alarm cards
explaining what each means and how to correct them? I have the Mini Med 507
and it does not have a separate function for priming, so I can't advise you on
that part.
Denise
dxd 1971
pmpg 6/97

   My questions to the
group are:  I though the prime feature meant that the totals primed were
not counted in the totals calculated for the day so why did the alarm go
off?  Has this happened to anyone else? Is the prime supposed to to be 5
units or 10 units?