Re: [IP] Re: damage from lows & seizures..........

In a message dated 6/6/99 11:49:47 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Because at a documented 30 I went
 unconscious and started seizing.  This was immediately after a blood sugar
 check. >>

In February we were unable to awaken Laura from sleep so I checked her blood
sugar and got a reading of 42.  She immediately began seizing on us and quit
breathing.  I have wondered if the LENGTH of time she was low could have been
a factor in the seizure as she has also been walking and talking with lower
readings than that.

Our pediatrician also threw out the idea that she may have actually been
lower and she was on the way 'back up' when she finally seized.  Anyway, you
look at it - it was an extremely horrible thing for all of us.  Laura ended
up with some temporary neurological damage from the episode but within a week
she was back to normal.  But who knows about those lost brain cells