Re: [IP] Re: over simplification

In a message dated 6/5/99 10:23:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< 1)  How or why would using humalog instead of regular create problems in
 your control?
We were talking about why docs don't want to use it and I said that mine is
afraid I will sleep through the alarm and not get the 1.5 for the 3.5 hours
that I get it.  Before the pump I always had fastings in the 150-300 range,
because my dawn is so unpredictable.  In three separate hospitals I have been
taken off long acting and it noted because of how high it can go.  Once when
taking no Long acting and no regular during the night I went up to over 400.
He is afraid that if I sleep through the alarms that how quickly the Humalog
is out of your system I could develop problems.  I have also been in DKA with
that blood sugar so he feels right now it isn't worth the risk.