Re: [IP] Re: the Diabetic Woman

Some of the fear is a good motivator--it did help me quit smoking, and this was about 2 months after being diagnosed--talk about emotional turmoil-- (my list of reasons to quit included enjoying having feet attached to my legs-- a little extreme, but from what the doctor said, smoking is one of the worst habits as a diabetic).

However, while this worked for smoking, it doesn't always work as well for food and exercise (it's not an all-or-nothing kind of thing).