Re: [IP] over simplification

email @ redacted writes:

<<  You'll be 400 in the morning if your delivery stops
 immediately when you got to bed. It's still my (lay person) opinion
 that it would be real tough to go DKA under these circumstances
 unless you were already dehydrated and having other medical problems
 for which you should be closely monitered anyway.
Except I think in my case.  My doc doesn't want me on Humalog because 1) I
sleep through alarms, 2) I have such a significant rise at night.  I go to
bed at 9-10 and take .9 at those hours.  I then go up to 1.5 between 3am and
6:30am.  I usually wake up at 6:30.  If I were to go without all that insulin
and sleep through the alarms then I would lose 10.7 units and possibly go to
bed with a 100 and wake up well over 500 even worse if I were to have been
off on the snack before.  My dawn is usually a 200-300 rise and that is why
he doesn't want to risk it.