Re: [IP] smart ass remark (did ya miss me)

 >How do you do "selective quoting?"  I've never done it before, please help...

Two-three ways... when you reply, you can cut out all of the quoted text
that is not relevant to your reply. Or, for many mailers, you can highlight
the section of text you want to reply to and then press reply. Sometimes,
depending on  your email program, you may need to copy and paste the text
to be replied to into your message.

It's hard to make a generalization because each email program handles
messages and replies very differently. The simplest way, if your program
automatically quotes the whole message, is just to highlight the part you
want to get rid of and press the delete key. That helps to keep the
physical volume of the posts down for the people getting the digest version.