Re: [IP] glycemic index and carb counting

 As far as I have learned, carbs that are less cooked take longer to break down into the blood.  Which is why some pizzas can cause so much trouble--because the dough may be undercooked.  I have found (at least before the pump) that I need short and longer acting insulins with these types of foods because otherwise I go low within 2 hours but end up high many hours later.  (I haven't had pizza since starting the pump, so I don't know how it affects me yet--but I do notice that the same insulin when delivered in the pump seems to work faster than before).