Re: [IP] "Honeymoon Phase" & devestation at diagnosis....

Sorry to be so philosophical, but this note and the one from Vicki in New Haven
caused me to  do some thinking.   I have been diabetic for 25 years, since I was
12.  I am actually grateful that I am diabetic.  It has taught me discipline and
maturity that I do not believe I would have gained any other way.  When I was a
teenager my diabetes helped keep me away from drugs and alcohol, when many of
friends were starting down life long roads of addiction.  I have learned a lot
about compassion and the need to be aware of my many weaknesses (physical and
otherwise) and my few strengths.  I have made friends and had experiences that I
would never trade for healthy Isles of Langerhan.  Like Vicki, I am self
confident and have a good since of my own worth.  I have three children and I
hope they do not have to live with diabetes, but if they do I know it can be
turned into a real blessing.

Dave