Re: [IP] "Honeymoon Phase" & devestation at diagnosis....

 >It has always bothered me that I didn't get the vaccine for Laura after she
 >was diagnosed but in retrospect, I realize our family was basically in
 >surival mode at that point and vaccines were the furthest thing from our

Please don't feel guilty about that. If it hadn't been chicken pox, it most
likely would have been something else. Once you have the pre-disposition
for diabetes, for most people all it takes is some sort of major stress to
bring on the disease (stress from disease, physical or psychological
factors). Since it's impossible to go through life without stress of any
sort, there is probably little that you could have done.