Re: [IP] "Honeymoon Phase" & devestation at diagnosis....

In a message dated 6/4/99 9:49:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< Those of you who 'grew
 up' with a diabetic parent can probably relate to that devastating feeling
 you found out your child was diagnosed also.

I understand your sentence as my mil was truly devastated when our son was
diagnosed because my fil had what they now call type 2 and shortly before he
passed away he had started insulin but that was almost 20 years ago and times
certainly have changed since then, thank GOD!! My husband and I couldn't even
hardly talk about it for the first few days-it was mind numbing to use as
Josh had always been a healthy child (he still is in my heart and mind). 4
months later I can talk about it and only tear up and not truly cry like I
did for the first 3 days.