[IP] re: exercising

I'm having a similar problem as Evelyn with dancing at the moment.

I do exactly the same and reduce my basal by 50% (from 0.8 to 0.4)
which worked fine. Disconnecing makes me go high.

The last couple of weeks I've been going low about an hour into the (3
I normally reduce the rate about half an hour before the class. If I
reduce it any earlier, I start to go high. This is OK if I'm running
low anyway, but if I'm running around normal, I'll be high by the
beginning of the class which I don't like.
My solution has to been to still reduce it half an huor before, but
eat some protein and a small amount of carbs. Whilst thi shelps, I
would prefer not to have to do this. I can't seem to find a way round
that though. I guess I could run a much lower basal rate for the first
hour and then a slightly higher one for the rest of the class, but
that relies on remembering to stop halfway through and adjjust it.

p.S. Dancing seems to be very different from any other exercise for
me. For anything else I just disconnect.
Sue wrote:

  Have you tried reducing your basal rate 2 hours before exerci
sing? I found
that for my daughter, she needed 2 hours at a 50% reduction or
she would
always go low. We also added quick carbs and a bolus for those
carbs -- that
seemed to work for her.