[IP] Diatsix....

a while ago y'all were talking about using diastix during meals to check for
sugar, and that harks back several months ago when we discussed using the
BACK of a used Profile strip - The jist being that there was still some
unused white area on the back you could test on, without wasting a whole

I decided to try this out when I was in Pittsburgh in April...just for kicks
- I was sitting with my boss and wanted to show him the neat trick..and I'll
be darned if my diet coke didn't turn that strip dark purple!  But then...so
did my water..So that night I did it again with Greg Legowski a fellow IPer,
who can back me up, and again it turned purple.

SO i havent done it since, does anyone else REALLY do this and does a diet
coke and water really NOT turn the strip purple?

Both times I was confident I had diet coke AND water, and NO - there was no
ambient sugar on my finger or the straw with which i put the drop on the

things that make ya say HMMMMMMMMMMMM???!?!?!?